Tuesday, July 28, 2009

all I see are stilettos, I guess I never got the memo.

I feel so distant from blogs/blogging. I've been so busy down the shore doing nothing. Just relaxing on the beach a.k.a. my absolute favorite place. I'm super excited to go surfing for the first time on thursday (is it difficult?) Lessons are by this surf shop in downtown OC which sells all the main surf and skate brands like Billabong, Volcom, Roxy, O'neill, Hurly, Lost, Split, and Rip Curl, (to name a few) but then they also sell Free People, RCVA, and a bit of their own stuff as well. It's the perfect mix of clothes, which brings me to my favorite website. Swell.com. They sell all the beach brands and surf gear, only since their situated in San Clemente, CA, they sell it all year round. As far as I know it's just an website, but maybe they have some stores out in cali. They used to have this featured stylist thing, where you would mail in your fashion inspiration(s) in any form and if you were selected, you would get to pick your favorite items from their website and get 1% of the profits for the month. I guess they got rid of it now, cause I can't find it on the website.
.


playlist for the week:
sweet honey: slightly stoopid
line in the sand: ZOX
show me what I'm looking for: carolina liar
sometime around midnight: the airborne toxic event
oh! gravity: switchfoot
beat control: tilly and the wall
four winds: bright eyes
the first single: the format
becoming a monster: self against city
bubble toes: jack johnson

6 comments:

  1. Haha I never thought about it like that!
    And you're so lucky to live near the beach! I have to drive 2hours to see a gray, cold ocean with no waves whatsoever... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a pretty cool idea, too bad they don't do it anymore... and thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love swell.com. I used to be obsessed wit roxy stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love going to the beach to - i should've listed it on my happiness-list yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. make sure you get the right clothes for surfing. you might not enjoy the waves as much if you don't have the right brands

    ReplyDelete